Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The WTF? of parenting

I think this should be the new name for the "OMG of parenting" group on cafemom. This is just one of those days where I am at a total loss. Sweetie's daycare teacher reported that she went upstairs to use the bathroom, followed by going to the window (where the teacher could see and hear her) and s-c-r-e-a-m-i-n-g her head off for no reason whatsoever and would not stop. So, we spend the ride home talking about how misbehaving at daycare means she gets in trouble at home, too, and she had a little time-out at home for a while to get the point across. So, I go to tell her she can come out and discover that she has gotten a bottle of baby powder from somewhere and poured it all. over. her. room. The stuff was absolutely everywhere. WTF?
I am proud to report that I did not get mad and send her cruising into another time-out. By this point I was so mystified by her that I simply handed her a wet wash cloth to clean it up with and walked out. So, the mess is getting cleaned up without fuss and without my having to do it. But still... wouldn't I love to know what the hell is going on!

No comments: