Friday, September 29, 2006

What have we gotten ourselves into?

She's smart as a whip, cute as a button, totally lovable, and she's definitely two. I picked her up from her previous foster home, worried that she'd be crying all the way home, but there was nary a tear as she helped us put her things in the car and waved goodbye, and she slept all the way home. Which I am mildly regretting now. Tired is good at bedtime. Not tired is not so good. I'm not feeling like such a hot shot at this mom thing on my first night. She barely ate her dinner. Although she ate all the salad off of Rae's plate. Small victories. One big victory, though- she peed on the potty for the first time today! At our house! Woo-hoo! A bath and then bed. Or not bed, as Rae is struggling with now. Ha. I just heard her say to Sweetie, "you are very opinionated." I'd help, but I think it's better if there aren't two of us in the room. Oy. She's a love, though. I can already tell it will be very hard to let her go.

No comments: